LAST REVISED: 22 NOVEMBER 2016
NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to MUV Marketplace Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as “MUV”, “our”, “us” or “we”). This written notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the PDPA. For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning as prescribed in the PDPA.
1. This written notice serves to inform you how your personal data will be processed and managed by MUV.
2. Cookies policy:-
- Cookies are small text files or text identifiers that are downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. Your browser sends these cookies back to the Site every time you re-visit the Site, so it can recognize you and can then tailor what you see on the screen. The cookies themselves cannot collect your personal data, or any information or files stored on your computer or device.
3. The personal data processed by us may include but not limited to your name, national registration identity card no. (NRIC no.), contact number, address, email address, bank account details and such other information as may be provided by you in the documents as prescribed in paragraph 4 of this notice.
4. We are processing your personal data, including any additional information that you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”), which may include but not limited to:
- Providing our services to you, which may include but not limited to the purchase and/or sale of vehicle by you via MUV’s auction platform;
- managing and administering our records in relation to your vehicle purchase and/or sale through the use of our services;
- assisting you in relation to any credit facility and/or insurance application;
- facilitating or enabling any checks that may be conducted on you by us or by any third party from time to time;
- complying with the applicable laws including but not limited to attending to vehicle registration process;
- assisting any government agencies or bureaus or bodies, including for the purposes of police or regulatory investigations;
- facilitating your compliance with any laws or regulations which may be applicable to you;
- communicating with you and responding to your enquiries;
- providing you information relating to our products and services and/or products and services of our related corporations and/or members of Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad, Warisan TC Holdings Berhad, APM Automotive Holdings Berhad and their respective subsidiaries (collectively, the “Group of Companies”), including promotional and direct marketing material. If you do not wish to receive any promotional or direct marketing material please notify us via our contact details as set out in para 5 below;
- conducting our internal activities, internal market surveys and trend analysis; and/or
- such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
If you fail to provide us with your personal data, or do not consent to our processing of your personal data, we will not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes, and we may also not be able to provide you with our products and/or render you with our services.
5. Your personal data is and/or will be collected by us from the following sources, including but not limited to:
- any agreements that you may have signed and executed with us;
- any application and/or registration forms submitted by you to us;
- any forms submitted by you to us during any contest and/or any promotional or marketing events of our products and/or services;
- your use of and/or registration with MUV’s official website;
- any emails or correspondences sent by you to us which includes your personal data; and/or
- third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other government entities for any of the aforesaid Purposes.
Phone number: +603 8947 6888
Fax number: +603 8947 6880
E-mail address: email@example.com
In accordance with the PDPA:
- We may charge a prescribed fee for processing your request for access to and/or correction of your personal data; and
- We may refuse to comply with your request for access to and/or correction of your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and the reason(s) for our refusal.
7. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties, which may include but not limited to the following:
- banks, credit check companies, credit bureaus or credit reporting agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
- governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies;
- our Group of Companies;
- our third party providers, including but not limited to professional advisors and auditors; and/ or
- any such third party as may be requested or authorized by you for any of the Purposes.
8. Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
9. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide to us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
10. We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to do so.